Mabel Lucie Attwell (4 June 1879 – 5 November 1964) was a British illustrator. She was known for her cute, nostalgic drawings of children, based on her daughter, Peggy. Her drawings are featured on many postcards, advertisements, posters, books and figurines. In 1908, she married painter and illustrator Harold Cecil Earnshaw and became the mother of one daughter and two sons.
Books by Attwell
- The Boo-Boos Series, Valentine, 1921-22.
- Lucie Attwell’s Annual, Partridge, 1922-1926.
- Baby’s Book, Raphael Tuck, 1922.
- Lucie Attwell’s Children’s Book, Dean, 1927-1932.
- Lucie Attwell’s Annual, Dean, 1933-1974.
- Lucie Attwell’s Painting Books, Dean, 1934.
- Lucie Attwell’s Great Big Midget Books, Dean, 1934-35.
- Story Books, Dean, 1943-45.
- Jolly Book, 1953.
- Nursery Rhymes Pop-up Book, 1958.
- Book of Verse, 1960.
- Book of Rhymes, Dean, 1962.
|Creators||Authors||Lewis Carroll - Anna Matlack Richards - Saki - Gilbert Adair - Frank Beddor|
|Illustrators||John Tenniel - Arthur Rackham - Blanche McManus - Peter Newell - Fanny Cory - Bessie Pease Gutmann - Charles Robinson - Harry Rountree - Harry Furniss - Mabel Lucie Attwell - Milo Winter - Oliver Herford - Uriel Birnbaum - Jessie Willcox Smith - Charles Folkard - Mervyn Peake - Alex Blum - Leonard Weisgard - Walt Disney - Marjorie Torrey - Tove Jansson - Ralph Steadman - Frank Bolle - Charles Blackman - Barry Moser - Michael Hague - Anthony Browne - Willy Pogany - Marie Laurencin - Salvador Dalí - Brothers Hildebrandt - Gavin O'Keefe - Tony Ross - Helen Oxenbury - Lisbeth Zwerger - Oleg Lipchenko - Franciszka Themerson|